My humble Internet whereabouts.
please check my other blog: http://dslrphotos.wordpress.com
and follow me on twitter twitter.com/arashad
Looking for something specific?
Different places in Ibn Battuta Mall, Dubai, UAE.
This place is full of themes and artifacts. As if you are shopping in a museum
Photos from Ibn Battuta Mall, Dubai, UAE
Convert from Nikon RAW .NEF to JPEG
Why waste time with CPU/GPU consuming GUI apps on Linux to get your photos converted from Nikon RAW files to JPEG?
Here is how to do it:
- Create a folder on your Linux box in a file system free enough to hold the data to be copied x2, that is if you have 4 GB for example, make sure it can take around 9 GB, for the time being
- copy the NEF files into this folder
- run the following shell script
for i in `ls *.NEF`
exiftool -b -JpgFromRaw $i > $i.JPG
rm -rf $i
Now you have your photos converted into JPEG format with the names DSC_xxx.NEF.JPG
if you want to rename it to be DSC_xxx.jpg, then I know one lame method to do so as follows:
- Type: >process
- Then Type:
for i in `ls *.JPG`
echo “mv $i $i” > process
- Type: vi process
- Now you are editing a file containing all File Names
- Press Escape, then type the following:
- then press Enter, and wait for it to finish
- then press Esc
- then type :wq
- then enter
- now type chmod +x process
- then ./process
now your files are ready with the desired format